Monday 11 March 2013

One Day I'll Fly Away

While I am busy being ill and complaining and unimaginative, Rara has been beavering away and come up with another awesome mani so here's a post from her to brighten the place up a little:

Hello all! This is the first post I've ever written so I hope it's OK!
I love peacock feathers so when I saw this peacock feather tutorial from the NailNerd I knew I had to try it out!

I used Barry M-Matt White for the base because I wanted to use something pale so that the feather designs would really stand out. The green is Barry M-Watermelon but I wanted it to be sparkly so I added a Rimmel glitter topcoat to it. It is slightly sparkly under the right light but not quite as I imagined it would turn out. The yellow 'eye' is Avon-Inspire and the blue is Avon-Forget Me Not which is already really sparkly and pretty. 
First I painted the green feathers as you can see here:



 then I added the eye and layered on the blue, and added the blue feather details. I didn't think it looked completely finished so I added black flicks and a black centre to the eye. (Andrea Fulerton Dot and Flick in Black) before finishing with a Barry M topcoat.






My feathers are slightly thicker than I wanted them to be as I don't think I used the correct brush/have a thin enough one but overall I love it!!!!!

I will definitely be doing this again!


WOW. I'm blown away by how AWESOME these look. They're amazing! I'm super impressed by Rara's talent, she's only been doing this as long as me (possibly even less time) but she's definitely got the upper edge on painting skill. These are fantastic!!

~Rara & Nail Art Novice~

Title of Post taken from 'One Day I'll Fly Away'-Moulin Rouge/Randy Crawford

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you, reading all your lovely comments makes me so happy! I try my hardest to reply to them all and it makes my day to hear from my readers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...