Sunday 3 March 2013

31 Posts Challenge 2-Favourite Quotes

Today it's favourite quotes which is something that suits me down to the ground. I have a little book that I 'collect' quotes that strike a chord with me and make me smile. My favourites tend to change based on what I'm experiencing in my life at the time but these all mean a lot to me:

'All The World's A Stage'- William Shakespeare, As You Like It.
I love performing, I love to be in a spotlight, it's my favourite thing in the world. This is a well known quote from my favourite Shakespeare play, the one I'm determined to be in one day. I love this quote so much I've got it tattooed on my foot so it'll always be with me.

'To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape' - Terry Pratchett, The Hogfather
The perfect description of humanity.


 'Letting it get to you. You know what that's called? Being Alive. Best thing there is.'- The Doctor, The Doctor's Wife (written by Neil Gaiman!) 
I am a massive Doctor Who nerd, I love it. This episode is amazing, it's full of brilliant quotes that make me giggle, but this one always strikes a chord with me. The above picture is my desktop background at the mo, coz I like it so much.

'You can't start the next chapter of your life if you keep re-reading the next one.' - Anonymous, as far as I'm aware.
This was something I needed to hear a year or so ago. I kept it as the background of my phone for a while to remind me of it every time I looked at it. It took me a while to accept that my last chapter had closed but I'm finally onto the next one.

'I'll come out the other side a brand new me'- A Brand New Me, Bitter Ruin
Again this struck a chord when I was living it. Bitter Ruin are an awesome band that no-one will have heard of, but I love their stuff, this song in particular. Last time I saw them they did it unplugged, with only an acoustic guitar and no amplification at all and it was just absolutely beautiful. 

'Be the best you'- Gala Darling 
Gala Darling is a fabulous blogger who wants to inspire people to love themselves a little more. I love this quote of hers (can't find the original page though,sorry!) because it reminds me that I may not be as good as someone else at some things, but if I am trying to be the best I can be then I am not letting myself down.

I could choose more-hundreds more, but I won't, I'll stick with these 6 as my favourites. Oh, and this too.

Until next time then, 

~Nail Art Novice~

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you, reading all your lovely comments makes me so happy! I try my hardest to reply to them all and it makes my day to hear from my readers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...