Monday 17 June 2013

Doc Martens Nail Art!

-Pic Heavy Post-

Hello lovelies!
Today I have a confession: I have another love outside of nail polish/nail art and that's my Doc Martens. I've got 5 pairs (at the moment) and keep adding more every year. My mum always rolls her eyes whenever I get a new pair and says "You can only wear one at a time!" so I thought I'd try and prove her wrong with some nail art. I had a quick search and couldn't find any previous examples out there so I came up with this design all by myself! I've been waiting to do it for months and months, because I needed the perfect blue and finally I have it (thankyou Barry M!).

Firstly, let me introduce you to my lovelies:


 I got the bright green ones in 2007 and have basically been obsessed with them ever since! I really love wearing them with miniskirts and opaque tights-it's sort of become my signature look really and it always makes me feel amazing.

Anyway, on to the mani! I wanted to recreate the colours of my Docs as closely as I could so I used many many polishes! Red-Revlon-Fire, Teal-Sally Hansen-Fairy Teal, Blue-Barry M-Blue Grape, Patterned White-Barry M-Matt White, sponged with Topshop-Cloud and  Rimmel-Tangy Tangerine and for the bright green Barry M 2013 Superdrug Limited Edition (such a catchy title)-Neon Green. I used two coats of them all, and put two coats of Matt White underneath the neon green too. For the iconic brown soles I used OPI-Suzi Loves Cowboys (over some curved French tip  guide stickers) and for the instantly recognisable orange stitching I used a Stargazer polish-number 103 (UV-glow Orange). The black lacing details were done with the black Barry M nail art pen. Phew! I also used my H&M Matte top coat on my index/ring fingers to simulate the leather effect, as opposed to the patent shiny shiny ones. I'm not sure how well you can tell in these pics though! (I have to admit I had a lot of fun taking them!)

Doc Marten Nail Art

Doc Marten Nail Art

Doc Marten Nail Art

Doc Marten Nail Art

What do you reckon? Are they too cool for school or what? I could do a tutorial for these if people wanted, although I reckon they're pretty easy to figure out! If you do your own version, let me know =)

They make me super happy! =D

~Nail Art Novice~

In a total piece of blogging serendipity, I didn't even realise that one of the nail art groups I'm part of has the theme of 'Shoes' for this week! So here's some more footwear inspired manis:

15 comments:

  1. Great mani!! I love Docs too, I totally need to do this with mine too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you =) We should see if we can start a trend, haha

      Delete
  2. These are brilliant! I love how cute and creative they are!

    I still have my first pair of DMs (and the scars on my ankles where I had to break them in lol)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH YEAH I know your pain! I have discovered the perfect formula-two pairs of socks, one longish pair pulled up (so the top edges don't rub on your legs) and one pair folded down at the point where the boot bit meets the ankle bit-still painful but nowhere near AS painful! Haha

      Thank you for your comments ^_^

      Delete
  3. Great inspiration and the outcome is really pretty and fun :) I got my first Doc Martens a month ago, they are bright pink and I LOVE them!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thanks a lot =D
      It's a slippery slope though, once you've got one pair you'll always want more ;)

      Delete
  4. Love these, they look fab! Especially like how you've re-created each pair you have, rather than just picking random colours to use on each nail. Fab! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much =D Yeah, I wanted to recreate my babies, it just took me forever to collect all the suitable polishes!

      Delete

I'd love to hear from you, reading all your lovely comments makes me so happy! I try my hardest to reply to them all and it makes my day to hear from my readers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...