Saturday 27 July 2013

OMD! Challenge Day 28-Inspired by a TV Show


Now I know that technically I'm posting this a day early as today's only the 27th but I wanted to do this one more than jewellery. Sadly this will probably be my last OMD! Challenge Mani as I am off to visit a friend next week who doesn't have internet yet so I wanted to end on a good one.
This mani is inspired by my absolute favourite TV show of all time-Red Dwarf. It's probably not something that many people have heard of because even in the UK it's considered pretty cult but I think it's very funny.
I started with a base of Barry M-Black Multiglitter on all my fingers as a background to all my designs. Other polishes I used were: Barry M-Matt White, Navy and Blue Moon, Revlon-Fire, Electric and Blue Lagoon, Rimmel-Azure, Sally Hansen-Going Green and Grass Slipper, plus the Barry M nail art pens in White, Black and Silver.

If you've never seen the show then you probably won't recognise these nails, I'm afraid. I've got some galaxy nails because it takes places entirely in deepest, darkest space, the penguin on my index fingers is a minor character called Mr. Flibble, who is a very evil puppet with hex vision. On my left hand I've got the show's logo, as well as the word 'Smeg Head' which is used throughout the show to replace swearing and on my right I have a 'H' to represent Arnold Rimmer (who is a hologram with a 'H' on his forehead) and on my thumb I've attempted to recreate one of their spaceships-Starbug. Apologies if all of that means nothing to you!

On to the nails:



I really love these-even if they are a little nerdy, haha!
Kinda sad I'm going to miss the end of the OMD! Challenge but I've really enjoyed myself doing it! The new Mish Mash Mani challenge starts next week though (Yay!) so keep an eye out for that instead.

~Nail Art Novice~

17 comments:

  1. Love these!!! Especially Mr Flibble!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! =D Haha, I couldn't not do Mr. Flibble, it's my fave episode!

      Delete
  2. These are really cool, Jenni.

    You piqued my curiosity, so I checked out the show on YouTube. LOL. It's a hoot! Thank you!

    Looking forward to Mish Mash, too! Have fun on vacay, and take pix. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa =) Keep an eye out for an episode called 'Quarantine' because it's my favourite and hilarious!

      I'm so looking forward to Mish Mash, it's going to be great! See you there ;)

      Delete
  3. I have never heard of the show, but I think you did a great job with all the designs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is awesome! You did a great job :D I've never heard of this Tv show,but I think you did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hah, that's OK, I wasn't expecting many people too-thank you very much =)

      Delete
  5. Thanks for joinin in the challenge! It was a blast :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for telling me about it in the first place, it's been awesome!

      Delete
  6. OMG! I love, love love this!! Mr Flibble is awesome 'Mr. Flibble's very cross. You shouldn't have run away from him. What are we going to do with them, Mr. Flibble? We can't possibly do that! Who'd clear up the mess?!
    Great Job honey!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You win 10,000 awesome points for knowing that quote!! It's my favourite episode =D

      Thanks so much! ^_^

      Delete
    2. Also..."They've been naughty boys, haven't they Mr. Flibble? And what do we do with naughty boys?" "Uncle Arnie fries them alive with his hex vision!"

      Delete
    3. haha! It's a fantastic series. Did you see new series (10) on Dave? it was OK but still not as good as the earlier ones :-)

      Delete
    4. I did yeah! I'm not feeling it with all the new set and fancy schmancy stuff, I kinda miss the old really dodgy special effects and the ice cube trays stuck to the wall! Series 1-6 are still the best!

      Delete

I'd love to hear from you, reading all your lovely comments makes me so happy! I try my hardest to reply to them all and it makes my day to hear from my readers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...