Wednesday 28 August 2013

Mish Mash Challenge Week 5-Music

Hello lovelies! I am back from my many adventures and finally posting a Mish Mash challenge mani on the right day for once-hurrah! I had to think about this one, as I like a lot of very strange music and wasn't exaactly sure how I would ever manage to represent any of this on my nails but then I had a much better idea!


One of the reasons I keep my nails short is because I play the bass guitar and find that long nails get caught on the strings and make it really difficult to play. I really love my bass-she's not the most expensive or well made of instruments but she's mine and I think she's really gorgeous (and yes, for reference, she does have a name as well). So I decided to do black and green gradients in tribute to her-plus accents designed to look like the neck of the guitar. Polishes used were: Barry M-Spring Green, W7-Black, OPI-Suzi Loves Cowboys plus the silver Barry M nail art pen. I matted the accents with Rimmel Lycra Pro-Matte Finish.



It's not quite the right shade of green but I love this colour combination and how bright it is, plus the accents which match my bass perfectly.
So there we go! I'm off to jam out for a bit now, laters!

~Nail Art Novice~

If you want to read about my Edinburgh adventures then check out my other blog: http://www.ordinaryextraordinarylife.com/

Don't forget to check out the other awesome participants in the inlinkz:



21 comments:

  1. Great inspiration! I'm still stumped for this week :( Loving your mani, though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great inspo, girl! Your bass is gorgeous, I agree! What's her name?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Her full name is Elusha Spanglepants (basically because it makes me giggle and my friend drunkenly told me I should make a band called that-haha) but I generally refer to her as Elusha =p

      Delete
  3. Awesome! I love when someone is inspired by something personal like this - perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've always wanted to learn to play Bass! I just don't have the coordination to do 2 different things with each hand at the same time! Gorgeous bass too! Love how you totally translated her to your nails!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yeah, I know that feeling! It takes me ages to master a new song haha. Thanks Kimber =)

      Delete
  5. Love it. The mani & the guitar lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. How neat! My hubby plays bass too. He's tried to teach me over the years, but I won't cut my nails, lol! I love the mani and your guitar!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks great and the guitar-inspiration is very original! Love the gradients

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well done, these look so good! I love how much you love your bass - I love the colour of her!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this so much! I love that you used your bass as inspiration I never even thought of doing that. You nail are super gorgeous and so is your bass! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. My boyfriend used to play bass guitar too!!!! :)
    (BTW I love Barry M Spring Green, it's soooo bright!)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the match with your bass! You did great!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you, reading all your lovely comments makes me so happy! I try my hardest to reply to them all and it makes my day to hear from my readers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...