Thursday 22 August 2013

Mish Mash Challenge Week 4-New Nail Art Technique

I had originally planned to try out the dreaded water marble for this week, but that would have meant being awake enough to get dressed and go and buy supplies for it and I just couldn't be bothered in the end =p

Instead, I attempted the acid wash technique which is something I'd been wanting to try for a while. Polishes used were all Barry M-Passion Fruit, Mango, Key Lime, Guava, Blue Grape, Prickly Pear and Plum. I followed this pictorial by The Crumpet (because for some reason Youtube doesn't want to work on this computer today) although I can't really claim it as a successful endeavour!



I think the nails with orange in look pretty cool but all the others are a bit dark and gloomy and haven't really worked as well. I think I needed to make my original 'slices' a bit wider so you got the full effect of the different layers of colours, also maybe use only two layers under my top colour rather than three. I dunno, I just don't really love them and won't be keeping them on for long. But hey, at least I've tried them now! I will do them again someday, hopefully with a little more success. Hopefully the other awesome challengers will have had more luck, check out the inlinkz to see!

~Nail Art Novice~

Also congratulations to Raquel who won my giveaway!


5 comments:

  1. looks like a really annoying technique! needs loadssssssss of patience! I have none of that :D lol love how it turned out :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhh, I forgot about this technique!! I haven't tried it yet either, I like how these turned out. I think they are very colorful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a neat looking manicure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's too bad this gave you so much trouble because it looks like it could really be nifty. I like your color choices, especially that orange!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks lovely! Wish I was abit more adventurous with my nail techniques. :) xox

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you, reading all your lovely comments makes me so happy! I try my hardest to reply to them all and it makes my day to hear from my readers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...