Tuesday 4 June 2013

Try Something Tuesday: Tribal Nail Art With Barry M

Hello lovelies =)

Today I popped into Superdrug on the off chance that they might have the new Barry M Gellys ahead of their launch tomorrow and I got lucky! They had all of them except Passionfruit (the red one) so I snapped them up! They were also on 3 for 2 so I also got Pricky Pear from the original Gelly collection and one of the new Superdrug Limited Edition (SLE) Neons as well. When I got home I decided to throw on some new nail art and my eye was caught by the funky tribal pattern on the SLE bottle so I decided to use it as my inspiration for today's mani.

Barry M Superdrug Limted Edition 2013 Neon Green

Polishes used: Barry M-Superdrug Limited Edition 2013 (Green), Barry M-Matt White (I decided it was finally time to upgrade to a decent white polish!) and Barry M-Black plus the black and white Barry M Nail Art Pens. The SLE polish is a super bright neon-the colour of highlighters! I layered 3-4 coats (some were thicker than others) over a white base, painting my accents white. I used striping tape to block off/fill in the various sections for the tribal accents and then went to work with my nail art pens and this is what I ended up with:

Tribal Nail Art with Barry M Nail Art Pens and Barry M Superdrug Limited Edition Neon Green

My cuticles are a little bit yellowy but I think that's due to dodgy cleaning up more than anything else. I'm quite proud of those tribal designs, it goes to show how awesome the Barry M pens are! I love the super bright green but I felt like it needed just a little something more so I added a couple of coats of Seventeen's Graffiti Effects in Monochrome to add a bit of pizzazz.

Here's the final mani:

Tribal Nail Art with Barry M Nail Art Pens and Barry M Superdrug Limited Edition Neon Green, plus Seventeen Graffiti Effects in Monochrome
Apologies for the slightly fluffy fingers,
I think they're strands from my jumper!

I just love that glitter! I can only apologise in advance 'cos I have a feeling you're going to be seeing that one a lot, as well as a lot of nail art with my Gellys.

What do you reckon to the Limited Edition Neons? (There's also a pink). Will you be investing?

Until next time!

~Nail Art Novice~

7 comments:

  1. Your tribal art is really cool! The neons look nice, but I have just bought the Model's Own Neons, so I can't buy anymore

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jemma =)
      Yeah, I think it's an interesting choice doing neons when there are so many around this summer. But the die-hard Barry M fans will scoop em up, I'm sure! (I did! This is my first ever neon =O)

      Delete
  2. Loevly nail art. Great work

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute!! I <3 those pens too x

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you, reading all your lovely comments makes me so happy! I try my hardest to reply to them all and it makes my day to hear from my readers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...