Tuesday 7 May 2013

Try Something Tuesdays: Colour Blocking

Hi lovelies!

I'm back from Brighton after a fantastic weekend away and have finally had chance to paint my nails again. After 4 days of plain black nails I wanted something colourful and so opted to try out colour blocking, inspired by this design by motelrocks.co.uk which was just something I randomly found whilst searching for ideas. I didn't want to stick to only 5 colours though, so I chose 10 and applied them randomly across all my nails for a ridiculously colourful effect =)

Here's my polishes:


L-R they are: No 7-Siren, Rimmel-Sunrise, Collection-Look At Me! (Apparently they're no longer Collection 2000, I'd not even noticed!), Essie-Mojito Madness, Barry M-Greenberry, Collection-Electric Dreams, Barry M-Navy, Barry M-Plum, Revlon-Hazy and Barry M-Gold Foil. I also used my black Barry M nail art pen for the lines.

Because I knew I wouldn't be able to get them very neat otherwise, I drew the lines on first, filled in the boxes with colour and then went over the lines again which took ages but I didn't have anything to do so it was fine. There's a couple of holes on my right hand but otherwise it worked quite well! Here's the result:




I think my favourite of all is my left index finger, I just really like the combination of colours. I love the look, it's so bright and cheerful, especially after a weekend of dreary plain black nails (I missed my nail art!). Colourful nails are so much more fun =)

In other news, I'm thinking of cutting down these Try Something Tuesday posts, I want to try more nail art and they limit what I can do really, especially if sometimes I just can't be bothered to do something complicated and want to go with something more simple/that I know I can do. I won't stop them completely because there's still things I haven't tried (gradients, marbling, etc etc) but I won't be doing them every week from now on, so I've got a bit more freedom to post!

Hope you all had wonderful weekends enjoying the beautiful weather!

~Nail Art Novice~

If you want to know more about what I got up to in Brighton, I've got a post on my other blog about it.

6 comments:

  1. Your concepts are great! I suggest that you search up a YouTube video on cleanup, since that would really help take your manis to the next level. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I need to get some acetone really, nothing else seems to work for me!

      Delete
  2. Really fun manicure! You did a great job too. If I tried this, I think it would have been a huge mess, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa =)
      You should give it a try anyway and see what you get! As I said I drew the lines on first so I could see what I was doing-used a dotting tool to put polish in the smaller boxes. I'm sure you'd do a brilliant job! =)

      Delete
  3. Woah, 10 polishes. That's a lot of polish for 1 mani. Looks great. I do my color block mani's like this too. I'm way to messy to stay inside the lines.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's probably the most I've ever used for one mani, yes-but I love the random colours together =) I've seen someone do a fish scale gradient with 34 though!!
      It's much easier this way, isn't it?

      Delete

I'd love to hear from you, reading all your lovely comments makes me so happy! I try my hardest to reply to them all and it makes my day to hear from my readers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...