Sunday 12 May 2013

Best Blog Award II

A little while ago Chantelle from A Polished Prance nominated me for a 'Best Blog Award' only it was really soon after the last post I'd done so I left it for a while. I really liked her take on it though-all polish related questions-so I decided to keep it in mind to come back to at a later date. Now is that date (mainly because I don't really like the next 31BPC post so thought this would be more fun!)
I'm not going to nominate anyone (as usual), but feel free to answer them yourself-they're simple questions but I think rather interesting!





1. Matte or Gloss? 
GLOSS. I appreciate that a lot of people can do a lot of awesome things with matte top coats, but I am not one of them. I like my nails to be as shiny as possible! I've only worn a matte mani once and didn't have the patience (or time) to sit still for long enough for it to dry properly, and just ended up with a hundred dints and rucks and smudges in my nails and it just drove me mad!

2. Blue or Pink?
BLUE! I've never really liked pink-not since I was about 8 years old and was allowed to choose what colours I dressed myself in. I'm not the girliest of girls and I much prefer blues and greens!

3. Glitter or Flakey?
Erm...this is a tough one. I think I'd have to say glitter, simply because there are so many beautiful ones out there in a million colour combinations, and flakeys often depend on what base you put them over and can look positively dull if you pick the wrong ones.

4. OPI or China Glaze?
I think I would have to say China Glaze overall. They're a bit cheaper and there's more CG colours I'm lusting after than OPIs I reckon.

5. Creme or Shimmer?
Another tough one-I love both! I'm gonna go with...shimmer, simply because they add a bit of magic to an otherwise plain polish, even if they're really subtle.

6. Rhinestones or Studs?
I've never worn either! If I was going to wear any (which is unlikely, because I know I'd get bored and pick them off!) it'd probably be those small square studs, I think they look really rather stylish if done well.

7. Free Hand Art or Stamping?
Free hand! I mean stamping can produce some amazing results if you're good at it (which I'm not) but I get a really big sense of satisfaction from creating something myself.

8. Red or Green?
Green! I have more greens than any other colour polish and it's my favourite colour! I am a sucker for a deep, blood red though.

9. Helmer or Other Storage?
For now, other storage. I don't have enough space to put a Helmer or enough polishes to fill one. Maybe when I get my own place I'll invest.

10. Indies or Commercial Brands?
Erm. Erm...oooh this one's mean! I love all my indies because they're very pretty and very unique, but I think overall commercial brands because they're cheaper and more readily available to me. I'd buy lots of indies if I had the funds, but I can already buy lots of commercial brands if I want. (Thank you Fragrance Direct!)

11. Favourite polish of all time?
Right now, it's Mother Earth by Above the Curve polishes. She's my first holo and I put her on and just stared and stared at my fingers because she's super pretty! I honestly never wanted to take her off. This love affair won't last forever, I'm sure, but right now it's going strong.

So there you go!
As I said, feel free to do these yourself if you fancy it, it doesn't take long and it's always nice to know about a blogger's preferences, I think. Thanks Chantelle for nominating me!

~Nail Art Novice~

2 comments:

  1. This was a fun post to read :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great answers I really enjoyed reading them, thank you Jenni! :D

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you, reading all your lovely comments makes me so happy! I try my hardest to reply to them all and it makes my day to hear from my readers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...