Wednesday 30 October 2013

Mish Mash Challenge Week 14-Pink

Now you might think that this isn't a pink-themed mani at all, but that it's actually a blue one with pink highlights and...well...you'd be entirely correct. See, the thing is, is that I am not a pink person at all-aside from socks (which don't count) I can't think of any one item of clothing I own that has pink on it. I just don't like the colour and never have-from the time I started defyingly dressing myself aged about four I've avoided it wherever I can. It's a miracle that I actually own any pink polishes at all! Actually, thinking about it, I didn't pay for either of the two I used in this mani-one came as a free gift with some polishes I bought and I won one in a giveaway. Anyway, what I'm trying to say is I don't like pink, so I didn't want to do an all pink mani, because I'd HATE it and take it off straight away. This, I feel is a happy compromise, hopefully nobody minds my bending of the rules too much!

Polishes used: Looney Lacquer-Love A Lot, Rimmel-Rose Libertine and Barry M-Guava. I did something that I've never seen done before (although I am by no means claiming to have "invented" it!) -a double laser taping mani. I started with a layer of Love A Lot, which is a very limited edition polish-I own one of the only 5 bottles in existence! It's a white creamy base filled to bursting with pink and red glitters of all sizes and colours, and there's some little hearts in there too. I actually like this a lot more than I ever thought I would-it's a really pretty polish! It's not very 'me' but it's definitely something I would wear, perhaps around Valentine's Day or something.

This is two coats:
Looney Lacquer-Love A Lot

I added a topcoat of trusty Seche Vite and once it was all dried I stuck striping tape randomly over each nail and added a coat of Rose Libertine:

Tape nail art over Looney Laquer-Love A Lot

Another layer of Seche Vite, another layer of tape and a layer of Guava finished it off:

Tape nail art over Looney Laquer-Love A Lot


So that's what I ended up with, my not-pink pink mani! I like it a lot more than I would if it were all pink, and I think the bright blue works really well with the subtler colours underneath it. I'll definitely be trying this technique again too, it's a bit time consuming but the effect at the end is really cool!

Don't forget to check out what the other lovely challenge ladies have done for their pink week manis (I imagine there's will be much pinker than mine, haha!)

~Nail Art Novice~




10 comments:

  1. You are totally allowed to make the theme suit your preferences and I love the idea of using a glittery polish as a base for a striping mani! I love the look of Barry M Guava, so bright!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely agree that you have to tweak the theme following your taste and your inspiration! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with everyone else, I see the week's theme as more of a "guide line" lol.

    Love the idea of this mani, I'm going to have to try this! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That base coat is just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it? I really like it, which surprised me a lot!

      Delete
  5. It counts for pink week, IMO! :) Your idea is excellent, I love the outcome, it's super random and nice!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you, reading all your lovely comments makes me so happy! I try my hardest to reply to them all and it makes my day to hear from my readers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...